Summary of Today's Meeting!

Hi everybody!

APAC folks, we triaged up and thru ticket #478, so you'd want to start with #477 and work your way down.

Here is the high-level summary of today's meeting:

Open Floor
=========
- We welcomed Kyle, Salvas, and Edilberto to the team.
- PSA: pingou upgraded us on pagure, we can now upload attachments to tickets that are > 4 MB, enjoy :)

F25 Wallpaper - Gradient Banding
============================

- We talked about the F25 wallpaper update. The wallpaper had some gradient banding.
- We tried a lot of different techniques to address it, but the best approach was replacing the background of layered transparent gradients with a single opaque radial gradient. Another technique we didn't try was using a mesh gradient instead. We don't know if mesh gradient will produce banding as the radial and linear gradients do.
- The inkscape bug in question is : https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/180693
- There are a few elements that cause banding to be more prominent: (1) transparency in gradients (2) multiple layered gradients with transparency (3) the closer two colors are in a gradient, the more likely banding will happen.
- We would love if inkscape could be fixed to address the issue. Kyle suggested a kickstarter-style fundraiser for fixing the issue as this has been a model that works with Krita. mizmo will reach out to inkscape devs to see if this is something they'd be ok with.

Misc Notes:
=========
- We need better documentation for using pantone in scribus templates on our wiki. I embedded Fedora pantone swatches in the Fedora media art /  disc label templates.

Tickets Triaged
============
https://pagure.io/design/issue/490 ok im gonna close this one, it's the wallpaper banding one (mizmo, 15:30:43)
https://pagure.io/design/issue/489 (mizmo, 15:31:29)