Re: Fedora Badges Meeting 11/2/16

On 11/03/2016 05:56 PM, Marie Nordin wrote:
Hey all!

Mleonova and I met yesterday to work on Badges. Here are the minutes and
log:

Minutes:
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2016-11-02/fedora_badges.2016-11-02-11.05.html
<https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2016-11-02/fedora_badges.2016-11-02-11.05.html>
Minutes (text):
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2016-11-02/fedora_badges.2016-11-02-11.05.txt
<https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2016-11-02/fedora_badges.2016-11-02-11.05.txt>
Log:
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2016-11-02/fedora_badges.2016-11-02-11.05.log.html
<https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2016-11-02/fedora_badges.2016-11-02-11.05.log.html>

We moved the meeting to this week, so we will not be meeting next week
(the 9th, so ignore that Fedocal reminder). If their are any badges that
need immediate attention, please email the list or myself directly.

Have a great day!

-riecatnor

Sorry I missed the meeting! I think I missed the notification the meeting moved. In the meeting, you mentioned the next meeting would be in three weeks, but that's November 23rd, moving towards US Thanksgiving. Do we still want to meet then if we're all free? I should be available then assuming it's at the usual 7am EST time.

I just went to all of the tickets discussed in the meeting and left a brief update in some, and added follow-up questions from a technical perspective in others.

Also! In the meeting, it was discussed about promoting things on the Fedora Magazine. Promoting the work and opportunities in the Badges Team would be awesome! I would highly recommend using the Community Blog as the platform for delivering news, updates, and even "badge calls for help" on. The CommBlog is specific to contributors and I think a semi-regular or any "more than once" sort of post there would be a great idea to promote Badges among the contributor community.

    https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/

Usually on the Magazine, we avoid promoting articles relevant to the contributor community (they're always our lowest viewed articles and have the least engagement). However, I think we could actually do an effective "call to action" to the broader Fedora user community to draw to hook some new contributors in to try their hand at Fedora Badges. I'm a little short for time until after November 13th, but I would love to brainstorm an idea on how to promote Badges both on the Magazine and the Community Blog at the next meeting. There's a lot of ideas I'd like to contribute towards this. :)

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory