Design Team Meeting Summary April 7, 2016

Hi!

Here's our meetbot link from the meeting today:
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-design/2016-04-07/design.2016-04-07-12.06.html

Full logs:
https://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-design/2016-04-07/design.2016-04-07-12.06.log.html

Quick copy/pasta summary is below:

1) We're going to change the meeting time so more folks can make the meeting.

2) mleonova and elioqoshi both ran badge workshops recently; mleonova's was yesterday in Brno and elioqoshi's was two weeks ago at the Fedora/Mozilla FAD in Kosovo. They went pretty well; people found the templates / assets and Inkscape itself easy to use. elioqoshi had 1 hr and wished he had 2 hr to run the workshop; mleonova's event had people coming and going in waves. A couple of people at mleonova's event ended up getting FAS accounts to continue badge work.

3) elioqoshi is writing an article to promote participation in Fedora Design on site point; he will be sending a draft for feedback / proofreading in the next few days. (example: http://www.sitepoint.com/sourcehunt-design-february-make-mark/)

4) We gave Ryan some feedback on a Red Hat Summit poster he is designing for a Fedora booth. (see https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/435 if you'd like to give feedback or just enjoy the cool artwork!)

Looking for a ticket to work on?

1) Try https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/414 (Logo for Fedora Italian Community). We have a logo template you can use for this which can make it quick and easy. Email logo@fpo for the template.

2) Try https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/432 (Update Fedora Logic Model Template Graphic Design). mattdm posted some good links / resources to get started on this one.

Action Items