Introduction - Elio Qoshi

Hello there!

Elio here, 21 years old open designer, grown up in Germany, but currently based in Tirana, Albania. I'm pursuing my Bachelor at the University of Arts in Tirana for Multimedia, but spend my time mostly within open source projects. I'm board member of Open Labs Hackerspace [1], a non profit in Tirana devoted to promote FLOSS and open source. I'm also a Representative at Mozilla [2] where I mostly am involved with design and lead community efforts regarding everything design.
To make a living, I work as a freelance designer and author, mostly for SitePoint [3] where I lead the SitePoint Ambassadors volunteer program as a Community Manager (with inspirations from Fedora Ambassadors, I must admit).

I have been contributing to Fedora mostly locally in the last year, doing promotional materials and images for our events at Open Labs, organized by Jona Azizaj, fellow Fedora Ambassador in Albania. Although I still need Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop in my daily life, I am in the early steps of getting into GIMP and InkScape in order to disattach myself from proprietary software even more. I also speak about Open Source Design at many events, where I emphasize the importance of bringing designers and developers closer together, having a better and more open work ethic and using open formats and licenses. I pride myself thereof to be part of the Open Source Design organization [4] with which I recently gave 2 talks about at FOSDEM 2016 [5].

I write about Design, Mozilla, and Open Labs mostly on my blog [6] and post some design snippets on my Dribbble from time to time [7].

I'd be happy to contribute with some of my time to Fedora, as I love the feeling of belonging in an open source community, and Fedora is one of them which stays true to its ideals.Although there might be some struggles until I fully switch from Adobe Illustrator to InkScape, please don't hesitate to assign design tasks to me to have a go at.

Looking forward to work with you!

[1] http://openlabs.cc
[2] https://reps.mozilla.org/u/elio/
[3] http://sitepoint.com