Re: logo usage

Hey Karoly,

Re: proper use of of trademark - I think you're hitting on a topic that not many of us know about, and those that do know aren't able to reply right now.  I'm not an expert so I would look over the pages Bryan provided.

Overall I'm a little confused by the ticket you're working on - are they asking for a new website banner (which I think is what you're designing) or are they just asking for a new logo (which is part of what you're designing)?  Perhaps fale could clarify a bit (unless you've spoken with them already and are clear on the task).

Re: feedback - I agree, the feedback you've received so far hasn't been helpful - I suspect many are busy getting ready to take time off for the holidays so aren't able to provide more robust feedback.  I'm not in the IRC channel much either so apologies if you've heard from others outside of the mailing list.

So in the spirit of feedback, lemme react to your last few iterations.  I really like them!  There are some very bold uses of colour (#3 in particular is striking) which I'm enjoying.  I worry that #2, 3, and 4 don't adhere to the sublogo guidelines here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines#Fedora_Sub-Logos:_Standard_uses_of_the_Fedora_Logo_with_other_elements

It seems to me that the placement of "Italia" has to be like in #1 and in the Comfortaa font.

If you haven't already, check out some of the other community websites to see how/if they're using the logo (don't assume they're all approved either :) ) - never a bad thing to look for inspiration from the community.

http://fedoracommunity.org

Finally I'd suggest you make sure you follow the guideline's suggestion of getting final approval from either Ian Weller or Máirín Duffy (see https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines#Do_not_adjust_any_of_the_logos).

Great to see the fast work you're doing for the ticket, I'm sure fale and their crew will appreciate it.

Kirk