Re: ask permission to use one picture on fedora webpage

On Tue, Oct 07, 2014 at 09:11:15AM +0000, Camille Vong wrote:
> my phD thesis, i found the picture (File:Artwork F10Themes Binary
> galaxy.svg<http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Artwork_F10Themes_Binary_galaxy.svg>
> Source SVG]) from your website
> (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F10Themes/Binary) and I would like
> to know if i could use it for my thesis cover (just a tone darker). The
> thesis title is "Model-Based Optimization of Clinical Trial Designs" and
> the publisher of grand maximum of 150 copies of my thesis (no-commercial

Hi Camille. I believe that the intent is for all Fedora artwork (other than
that which is covered by trademark) to be licensed for reuse, probably under
a Creative Commons license. However, this particular image seems to have
been migrated from our older wiki and has possibly lost history and
licensing information in the process. I'm CC'ing our design team mailing
list, where hopefully someone can trace down the details for this particular
image.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>