Recommend a change to gnome's Display ALL display

With the alpha-rc1 download, I selected all software possibilities.   On the ALL window, I was presented with almost 10 rows of bullets, corresponding to different screens.
I have  coments

a)  In place of the bullets, can you put the first two characters of the software tjat would appear on that screen display.    That would allow me to, for example, find the programs starting with ma, without having to perform a scroll of page by page.

b) What will happen when I add third party software to the installed list? Will the bullets themselves be scrollable?

This is a off subject important request.

All Gnome screens, be they Centos, Fedora20, Fedora19, and Fedora18, have the same identical interface.  I run a multi-boot system with each of the mentioned screens.
Can the message of the day be restored?  That way I can precisely mention the system name.
Currently I create a dummy logon that indicates the drive and version, so that I know which system is running. (We have several users).

Sample dummy logonname   "Other_SDC_F20"

Regards

 Leslie
Mr. Leslie Satenstein
SENT FROM MY OPEN SOURCE LINUX SYSTEM.