Plans for Nuancier: A Fedora Wallpapers Voting App

At flock, a few people talked about a new web application for voting
on wallpapers.  Jenneh produced some mockups and we discussed how we
might go about implementing them in time to do wallpaper voting for
F20 or F21 in the new app.

For those new or returning to this, I'm posting this as a short
summary of where various bits are and what's currently done and (/me
crosses fingers) hopefully achievable:

One idea at flock was to have something based on the mockups
deployable in time for the wallpaper voting.  At flock we talked about
whether we could create something that just implemented the parts that
made the ballot and voting smooth for people using the application and
worrying about the rest of the app (notably, the admin interface and
submitting the
wallpapers) until later so that we could get it out in time for the
next election.  This would be somewhat tight scheduling but pingou's
been working on some code and he thinks we can hit that deadline.

After the initial rush is off, we would want to try to finish the
other parts of the interface and release all of that as nuancier.  We
would also start to think about how to share code between nuancier and
the new elections application that fchiulli has been working on at
this time -- whether that would be to merge the two together or to
move some code into a library that either application could access...
We're not sure precisely whether tight or lose coupling of the two is
the best plan but there's definitely room to share some of the
implementation.

We currently have two repos of direct concern to the application:

* https://github.com/fedora-infra/nuancier
* https://github.com/fedora-infra/nuancier-lite

The nuancier repo has the mockups.  I think we're eventually going to
want to merge everything into this repo.

The nuancier-lite repo has pingou's work to implement the minimal
interface that we'll need if we're going to deploy in time for F20
voting.

There's also the new elections code (rewritten from TurboGears1 to
flask) if anyone wants to consider sharing code/theming/etc -- but
that's a little ways off yet (we won't be merging anything in time for
F20's wallpaper election).  It lives here:

* https://github.com/fedora-infra/elections

-Toshio