Re: Fedora Jam

On 01/30/2013 05:43 AM, Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
On Tue 29 Jan 2013 01:28:17 PM PST, Brendan Jones wrote:
Hey all,

I'd just like to draw everyone's attention to my ticket!

Fedora Jam - a spin for audio creation. At the moment the
fedora-jam-kde-theme is servicing the spin. It is a little lame - I am
not a designer by any means. Hopefully for F19 we can come up with
something better.

Here's the currenty design ticket:
https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/260

Here is the competition (we can do better right?):
https://www.google.com/search?q=ubuntu+studio+wallpapers
https://www.google.com/search?q=kxstudio+wallpapers&hl=en&safe=off&tbo=d&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Uy4IUYunJMfzsgbx1YC4DA&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAA&biw=1147&bih=818

Hello Brendan,
I think wallpapers is easier to work on than icons unless there are
packaged icons related to the music. My experience with Echo icons
(currently in dormant state) shows that a lot of time and rationale are
needed to complete an entire set.

--
Agreed wallpaper is more important to us also.

However the KDM login screen only requires 4 icons, the fading in can be generated using ksplashqml/ksplashx.

Link to what we have already tried out here: http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/music/2012-September/001346.html

This was done using standard low res icons, but it would be nice to have four new ones (ideas: microphone, amplifier, keyboard, headphones, guitar or other instruments, phono connector, mixing desk sliders, turntable - list is endless really, whatever you guys find interesting)

The icons set for the multimedia menus is different again - this is a very old ticket and we could probably use some of the icons from the KDM set there as well. However, we are not too concerned (currently using the same icon for all menus and it looks ok - screenshot here http://bsjones.fedorapeople.org/menus.png)

regards,

Brendan