Re: [Design-team] Fedora 17 Wallpaper - "fireworks" concept - next step colorization

Hi Alexander,

On Fri, 2012-01-13 at 15:44 +0300, Alexander Smirnov wrote:
> Testing screenshots gnome, kde, lxde, xfce. [2].
>
> [1] - http://publictest04.fedoraproject.org/artboard/post/view/101
> [2] -
> http://inkscaper.fedorapeople.org/Fedora17/Wallpaper/Screenshots/

I love the concept, because:

- Fireworks are a very nice tie-in to Beefy Miracle, see
http://beefymiracle.org

- Fireworks can also make some really cool patterns that are abstract,
hopefully enough to serve as a greaet wallpaper base!

I do think we'll have to work through figuring out a way to render the
fireworks so that are able to fade into the background, providing a
pretty environment while at the same time not grabbing too much
attention!

But, we're just in the concept phase, right :) So it's okay, we can take
it on as a challenge and help you work through it, right?

Here's some inspiration:

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Fireworks/1021853 these are beautiful.
not all wallpaper-suited but, some are. the first one definitely is.

http://foglight.deviantart.com/art/Fireworks-170224190?q=boost%3Apopular
%20fireworks%20watercolor&qo=30

http://korpinkynsi.deviantart.com/art/Domestic-Fireworks-149314050?q=boost%3Apopular%20fireworks%20watercolor&qo=46

http://xxdarknessloveshimxx.deviantart.com/art/FireWorks-211480595?q=boost%3Apopular%20fireworks%20watercolor&qo=45

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Guinness-Alive-Inside/92979

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Fireworks/480209 - these are too intense
but the lines are so clean. maybe some kind of weaving of the lines of
different bursts?

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Burst-Of-Bokeh/2495437 bokeh fireworks :)

http://behance.vo.llnwd.net/profiles11/747141/projects/2773389/2f63b95048d95f82ee6461f3236f3302.JPG  this one is from this set http://www.behance.net/gallery/New-Years-Fireworks/2773389 ) which are generally shaky and not necessarily awesome, but in that one shot from the set you see the firework burst getting dragged out... it might make for some interesting wallpaper-friendly lines. it looks kind of 3D!

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Fireworks/2313692  the first one in this
set has interesting sparks coming off almost like stars... with the
lower intensity it seems like the spark pattern would be more wallpaper
suited

What do you think? Any of these strike a chord?

~m