Re: [Design-team] [fedora-india] Ask Fedora Logo Idea

Hi Suchakra,

On Mon, 2011-12-05 at 12:51 +0530, Suchakra wrote:
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo/UsageGuidelines#Fedora_Sub-Logos:_Standard_uses_of_the_Fedora_Logo_with_other_elements

> Is it mandatory to have a logo on these lines or we can suggest
> something else? Also, is it ok to have a separate mascot and a
> separate logo?

Well, it depends. If one of the goals of the site is to ultimately fit
in with the look & feel of other Fedora-hosted applications, I think it
makes the most sense to follow the standard guidelines because the
templates and basic design are designed around that style of logo.

However, if the site's design is meant to be more flexible / less
in-step with the rest of the Fedora web applications, I don't see any
problem with doing something else, especially if there are designers
with the creativity, time, and energy to produce something great (like
you, if you have the time! :) ).

It might make sense to set up a wiki page for the logo & mascot design
process so we can easily look over everything that's been sent out and
do proper critiques / store our notes about each mockup in-page? Or
would it be helpful for me to go through the backlog (is everything
posted to design-team@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx at this point?) and
provide you folks critiques to help figure out what direction to go in?

Sound like a plan? Does anyone have time to put together the wiki page
real quick? You could put it under the Design namespace (e.g.,
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design/AskFedoraLogo )

~m