Re: [Design-team] F15 wallpaper 0-day update

(Sorry for the out-of-thread replies, but Gmane has the e-mail address to
gateway to set incorrectly, so I can only reply by direct mail.)

Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> I could do the change but not as 0 day update - it has to go to final,
> otherwise it's going to be very disruptive change.

But the final release is already declared gold, it's too late for that.

Really, the only thing we can do here is to keep the wallpaper that ships on
our current ISOs. I don't see it as being "unfinished" or "broken". In fact,
the feedback from our users was very positive. And even if it were unfinished,
the deadline for finishing it would have been the Final Change Deadline on
May 9.

I fully agree with you that such a change is not acceptable for a 0-day
update.

Máirín Duffy wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-05-18 at 11:27 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> Your redesigned wallpaper can be shipped as an alternate (optional)
>> theme, but it's really too late to change the default! Sorry!
>
> I kind of thought this was the design team's call. So....

I am sorry to disappoint you, but the Design Team is bound by the same
freezes as the rest of the distribution. In addition, if I look at the
feedback from Martin and María (tatica), I'm not convinced that the Design
Team as a whole is backing the proposed change, either.

(FWIW, I'm also technically a Design Team member, though I haven't actively
worked on anything design/artwork-related for several Fedora releases now,
Jaroslav was the one doing the recent KDM and KSplash themes.)

        Kevin Kofler