[Design-team] Fedora 15 Wallpaper -- Package Ready but Problems Ahead

Hi all,

the F15 wallpaper package is all ready and sound (it even has a
subpackage to add the wallpaper to xfce backdrops chooser for the first
time!) however there seems to be some issue with acceptence. I haven't
read the logs from yesterday's (Feb 09) meeting (will there be a Mo
summary?) but from a glance around the part where my nick was
mentioned I gathered gnome guys weren't happy with it...

Sideways I was engaged in conversation with Rex Dieter and Kevin Kofler
about the new defaults and they aren't happy with it (too Gnomish) as
well and as a result they switched for now to kde shipped default
wallpaper for KDE [1]...

XFCE, LXDE and others that
use /usr/share/backgrounds/default.png should use it now as default.

To summarize, it seems very unlikely that our wallpaper will be present
on desktop and KDE spins for Alpha which is very unfortunate to us. I'm
not sure if any discussion about this came to a conclusion in the irc
meeting and if so, please enlighten me.

So the question posed is: what to do with this situation?

Martin