Re: [Design-team] design-suite patch to comps for review

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 12:30:32 -0500
Bill Nottingham wrote:

> Ankur Sinha (sanjay.ankur@xxxxxxxxx) said:
> > I've edited the comps file, and would like to present it to you
> > folks for review, before I submit it to the devel list and finally
> > commit it.
> >
> > http://ankursinha.fedorapeople.org/misc/comps-diff-design-suite.patch
> >
> > Are the "defaults" and "optional" packages all right? Please have a
> > look and let me know.
>
> IMO, abiword, gnumeric, etc. as default seem wrong. They're not design
> suite items; they're office tools. (And, if the Design Suite needs
> office tools, it should be using the system office suite - OO.o).

Typesetting, typography and such are also design so some office apps
are probably desirable to have here, however I agree we should use
LibreOffice (or OO.o if the transition isn't ready for F15) instead of
abiword, gnumeric, ...

> gwibber and hamster applet also appear to be out of scope. And
> gnome-utils should be pulled in by dependencies if something needs
> it, not explicitly listed.

+1

Martin