[Design-team] 04 January 2011 Meeting Minutes

Hey everybody!

Thanks for another great meeting! Here's the minutes:

Minutes:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-design/2011-01-04/fedora-design.2011-01-04-19.00.html

Minutes (text):
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-design/2011-01-04/fedora-design.2011-01-04-19.00.txt

Log:
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-design/2011-01-04/fedora-design.2011-01-04-19.00.log.html

I also posted them to our wiki page here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Design#Latest_Meeting_Minutes

Mo Summary:

Topic: Fedora 15 supplemental wallpapers
â Our submissions page
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F15_Artwork_Supplemental_Wallpapers_Submissions
â We got some great new submissions from Susmit.
â Ivan submitted a Fedora logo wallpaper. We decided we cannot accept it
and let him know:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2011-January/003878.html
â We need some more submissions. Ian is going to advertise on Deviant
Art, and Mizmo posted to Twitter and Identica:
  â http://identi.ca/notice/61538327
  â http://twitter.com/#!/mairin/status/22369737770008576
â List of DeviantArt groups:
  â http://openartists.deviantart.com/
  â http://wepreferlinux.deviantart.com/
  â http://fossadvocates.deviantart.com/
  â http://inkscapers.deviantart.com/
  â http://linux-deviants.deviantart.com/
  â http://linux-users.deviantart.com/
  â http://gimp-artists.deviantart.com/

Topic: FUDcon Tempe T-shirt Design
==================================
â Emichan's latest design:
http://emichan.fedorapeople.org/FudconTempe/hohokam_tshirt.png
â Emichan is going to update the dates on the shirt design, then give it
to Robyn to give to the printers for an estimate.

Topic: Fedora RPG
=================
â Mizmo has been working on pencil sketches; she'll send her progress to
the list tonight
â Will be presented at FUDcon Tempe as a proposal

Topic: Fedora 15 default wallpaper
==================================
â We unanimously decided against having a vote.
â We don't actually have any proposals and the due date for proposals is
January 18th. Let's see what we have then. So far there hasn't been a
lot of work on creating a wallpaper design and there's been interest in
other projects (RPG, Anaconda UI, etc.)

Topic: FUDcon Tempe Booklet
===========================
â https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Tempe_2011_packet
â http://ianweller.fedorapeople.org/fudcon-tempe-booklet/
â Can everyone take a look and send Ian some feedback?
â One idea so far is to incorporate Emily's t-shirt motif in the booklet
design: http://emichan.fedorapeople.org/FudconTempe/hohokam_lg_logo.svg

Topic: Image Annotator
======================
â Running example, allows you to add flickr-style notes to images:
http://jefvanschendel.nl/ImageAnnotation/
â Emily's gitorious project for the code:
http://gitorious.org/remote-image-annotation
â Jef to file ticket with Fedora Infra team -
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ See Request for
Resources https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Request_For_Resources

Action items:
=============

OPEN
â ianweller to advertise supplemental wallpapers in the
linux-flossrelated deviant art groups (list is above in notes)
â Emichan to correct date on T-shirt mockup for Tempe and hand off to
Robyn for printers' estimate
â Schendje/Emichan to blog final t-shirt design for Tempe in Fedora
Design team blog
â everyone take a look at ianweller's Tempe booklet mockups and provide
feedback

CLOSED
â Mizmo emailed Ivan, who submitted the wallpaper, to let him know we
can't accept his submission
â Mizmo advertised supplemental wallpaper submissions

~m