Re: [Design-team] Pandas and stuff

On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 6:39 AM, Misha Shnurapet
<shnurapet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Is this the new Fedora mascot?
>
> http://shnurapet.fedorapeople.org/pnd.png

Just a helpful graphic to personify the user on this page, AFAIK.
While the idea of having a mascot has been tossed around often, it's
never resolved to anyone's satisfaction. There are too many competing
ideas for what the mascot should be, and no clear way to decide which
is "best." Beyond that, it's never even been clear that we need a
mascot, so I fervently hope this thread will not become a renewed
debate about mascots. (In the meantime, I for one enjoy the frequent
panda-related posts from Design team members!) :-)

Paul