Re: [Design-team] Tempe Fudcon T-shirt design

On 11/08/2010 06:15 PM, Daniel Drummond wrote:

> I am unfamiliar with the Fedora way of doing things, I apologise.  Here
> is one design I have thought about.  It is a modified version of the
> flag of Arizona, replacing the star with the Fedora logo. This could be
> placed on the back of the T-shirt, or the front, with the FUDcon Tempe
> logo printed on the other side.  As I don't yet have the official Fedora
> logo or FUDcon logo, it is just a draft.
>
> I like the blue of the flag, and the rays are representing the radiance
> of Fedora and it's values.  I have a small reservation - I am not sure
> how Arizonians would react to this - I know many Americans have strong
> feelings about flags.

I find it too close to the design from 2008, used both in Boston
(http://fedorapeople.org/groups/designteam/FUDcon/FUDcon%20Boston%202008/T-Shirts/)
and Brno
(http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/photos/fudcon2008brno/day1/159-img_4162.jpg).

I raised the same concern for the 2011 Panama FUDCon
(https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/167)

BTW, why are we working on different concepts for each FUDCon during a
year? I liked *a lot* how in 2008 and 2009 we had a general concept
which was customized for the location (USA and Europe).