Re: [Design-team] Fedora 14 Sleeve Artwork (New variant)

These look really good Alexander! I like the crowd image on the back,
and the reflection on the front is really nice.

wrt the lower right corner - I think the contrast provided by the
lighter blue looks a good bit better, maybe we can play with some other
way of differentiating between the kde and standard release? Also, the
spacing of the logo(s) and the 14 seems a bit too far apart. I think if
they're spaced closer together it'll look more cohesive.
Also, on the standard release covers, it looks a bit redundant to have
the fedora logo twice in such close proximity, so maybe we should remove
the small top logo?

> Also a question for everyone:
> Do we really need to state the minimum requirements? 400MHz Pentium II
> processors are over 11 years old. Surely any owners of such a computer
> would, by now, know what it's likely to be able to run. Also, minimum
> requirements confuse people. I've lost count of the number of times I've
> been asked "Does this mean my computer's good enough?" Since the
> necessary hardware is so basic, the answer for Fedora is almost
> certainly "Yes", so why confuse anyone unnecessarily?

I agree - I don't think the minimum requirements are very helpful. It's
also not very clear what minimum requirements means - is it the minimum
needed to boot or is it the minimum needed to be reasonably usable? It
also doesn't address disk space requirements or minimum graphics needed.
Personally I think we should just leave it off, as this is very
old/basic hardware, and there are many people who won't even know what
kind of hardware they're running or how to find out. The only exception
may be indicating the requirement of a 64-bit processor for the 64-bit
version (maybe with 'if you're not sure, use the 32-bit CD').