Re: [Design-team] CHASM Logo design request

On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 10:14 -0500, Adam Miller wrote:
Hello design team!

I just sent out an introduction yesterday but I'm rather eager to get
involved so I have accepted a ticket in the Design Team TRAC[0]
instance and have provided some rough sketches of ideas for logo/icon
for the CHASM project. I wanted to email the list in hopes to get some
feedback and opinions on how this might be improved, what people like,
don't like, and why. Many thanks!

As always: questions, comments, and snide remarks are welcome!

-AdamM

[0] https://fedorahosted.org/design-team/ticket/108

Hi Adam, welcome to the design team! :) The sketches look really good!

Personally, I think the bottom sketch has the most potential for developing into something with enough visual interest to make an impact and be distinctive. Like Nicu and Jef have said, it will have to be simplified a good bit. I could see it in a medallion-style logo.

Also, is this meant to be a logo or an icon? The ticket says logo, but you said "logo/icon". Those are different use cases and can look very different, so... just wondering...

Emily