Re: [Design-team] Font comparison

2010/7/29 Emily Dirsh <emily@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi all,

I started making up the type samples for font comparison, but I kept thinking that something interactive would be more useful, so I made this instead. Everyone go and try it out so we can pick a font already. :)

That's awesome, Emily!

It's weird that Droid Sans looks so bad at regular sizes... It looks much better if you scale it down (which makes sense I guess since it's for Android and all). With regular sizes Cantarell looks much better.

I tried it out in a few documents and at smaller sizes Cantarell still looks nice.

I know very little about fonts but I'd say go with Cantarell - especially since it's made using FOSS and it isn't used as widely as Droid Sans.

Jef