Re: [Design-team] MgOpen Modata & accents

2010/6/4 Máirín Duffy <duffy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Quicksand

It's called Quicksand. The author has said he has released it
'license-free' and commercial use is permitted. We would need to get in
touch with him and see if he would be amenable to releasing it under a
recognized open font license before we could include it in Fedora, but
he does seem responsive in the typophile forums [2].

What do you think?

Personally, the lower-case "a" in that font gives me a headache. I think it's not "modern" enough looking for Fedora. I just tried to envision how "fedora" would look and I like the existing font much better. But that's just personal preference. While we do have Umlaute in German, I never use them when doing English work so I've never even thought about the issue. But then I don't have a problem with my name obviously... :/

Would we have to change the infinity wordmark as well? Would that work with this font?

Just my five Euro cents,
Fab

# Fabian A. Scherschel
# Podcaster, Blogger, Fedora Contributor
# https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FabianScherschel