Re: [Design-team] The Archive

On 05/16/2010 07:24 AM, threethirty wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 02:51 +0200, wonderer wrote:
>>
>> for some time we all working on tasks where we reuse templates,
>> pictures, Textual templates, etc. for all kind of work. But there is no
>> place where we keep that collected work, that snippets of small peaces
>> that could be reused in other ways.
>> So, I had a small IRC talk with rbergeron and that gave a kick-off for
>> "the archive" page [1]. It can/should be a kind of overlapping Startpage
>> for Art/Design/photo/Textual/Marketing thingy.
>
> A buddy of mine uses Coppermine for his screenshot site Unixporn.com
> (don't worry its SFW) and I've used Gallery.  I think either one of
> those would work well.

Last year we had the Infrastructure people put for us a test instance of
Gallery 2, which stayed unused for some months, it looks like the only
one really testing it was me and I found it unsuitable for the task:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2009-July/000487.html

I also run a Coppermine instance in my local Fedora community
(http://forum.fedoraproject.ro/gallery/) and I think it is worse than
Gallery 2.

I didn't get the opportunity yet to try Gallery 3 (now in RC state)
which is a major redesign (more streamlined).