Re: [Design-team] F13 Rockets

On 02/01/2010 07:28 AM, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> I spent some time this weekend working on another iteration of the
> Fedora rocket lines idea [1]. Tatica put together a 3D rocket in Blender
> [2], so I used this rocket to make a new composition roughly based on
> the rocket lines sketch:
>
> Do you have any ideas for improvement or how to work this more? I think
> it may be too literal, and by default maybe we should take the rockets
> and stars out or something and just work with the trails only for an
> abstract pattern. Not sure though. What do you think? Critique
> please! :)

I see two problems with the design, probably both are solvable:
- to me the rockets look pretty much like some big white blobs. I
understand you had to make them white, since the 3D model looked pretty
much like a rocket *toy*, but I think it should be also be simplified.
Space rockets are not that big compared with their trails and their
wings are definitely not that big.
- the sky/space is a bit too dark and too plain and the white mist at
the bottom is somewhat unrealistic. Maybe we can add some colors and
make it not that dark.