Re: [Design-team] [OT] GIMP becoming too profi and thus will be excluded from Ubuntu distro

On 12/03/2009 03:22 PM, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-12-03 at 09:19 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>> If a Workstation or Design spin emerges an is at least half-decent, al
>> the news articles published by my local (Romanian) community will stop
>> linking to the Desktop spin and link to that instead. We will also stop
>> handling Desktop live media at local event and promote that instead.
>
> Everybody has his own agenda, of course. Yours seems to be openly
> hostile to the desktop spin.Why is that ?

Because it is the flagship spin, the default, the one that will give
people an image about what Fedora is. I think its quality is poor and I
don't feel good when I have to recommend people to download it and I
don't feel good when I give away CDs, knowing what people around me
expect (for me, I can download and use the install DVD).

> Can we not disagree about design choices without fighting each other ?

I really don't care that much what happens with the  various spins I
never use, but the default spin is something different, a lot more
important.