Re: [Design-team] Still need help on the Games Spin Screenshots :)

On 11/27/2009 06:54 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> Oh, this is a good idea - I didn't even know about it! So I just tried
> it out; here it what it provides:
>
> Action Games
> Adventures
> Arcade
> Blocks Games
> Board Games
> Card Games
> Emulators
> Games for Kids
> Logic&  Puzzles
> Role Playing Games
> Simulations
> Sports Games
> Tactics&  Strategy
>
> Nicu, do these categories make more sense? We can treat them more like
> tags in implementation so a game can be under more than one category.

If we put them on multiple categories, yes: I am sure a lot of Blocks
Games are Logic or Puzzles and part of them are targeted at kids :p

> Does anybody know how I can look up which games are filtered to go under
> which categories? Is this only available from the individual rpms for
> each game? I looked
> at /etc/xdg/menus/applications-merged/games-categories.menu but no dice
> it seemed.

I fear the info is only available in the .desktop files and RPM
metadata. Can't we query the package database with one of the web apps?