Re: [Design-team] CD/DVD cover design question

Hi,

[Sorry for breaking threading; I've lost Máirín's original message]

> 2009/11/12 Máirín Duffy <mairin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >
> > I took 4 hours today to finalize the sleeve and label designs since I've
> > been asked by a number of people where they are, and that they need them
> > yesterday (sigh.)

I saw on your blog that you wanted to know how the LightScribe designs
came out. I popped out to get some LS CD-Rs and gave it a try and you
can see it here (printed using Lacie's 4L on F10/x86_64):

http://lukeross.name/hpnx0255.jpg

Text and logo are clear, the "for 32-bit computers" only *just* fits
(the left hand side of the "f" is clipped). The background design is
visible - just! It looks quite effective and soft if the disc is tilted
under the light, but is not noticeable at first glance. The first circle
you can see on it is the large just under the "tm" of the logo, so that
is the minimum contrast that prints on my writer.

Now I just need the ISO to write to it :-)

Hope this is useful, and thanks for providing the label designs!

Luke