[Design-team] graphicsmagick vs. imagemagick (usage question)

This is a basic usage question, about using graphic applications in
Fedora, not about designing Fedora graphics, but I think here is the
best place to ask it: when working with graphics I use ImageMagick *a
lot* (mostly for batch-editing photography, but not only), I know we
also use it for building the wallpaper packages, is one of the most
important graphic tools our distro.

But we also have packaged GraphicsMagick, which is a fork with identical
usage and claiming some improvements (performance, size, security). Both
seems to be under active development.

So my question is if other people here know both, prefer one of them and
why, to me the two look pretty much the same (I understand the
development team had some differences and split in two).