Re: [Design-team] About the Fedora Art Studio Spin

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 07:41 -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:> On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 13:08 +0200, Martin Sourada wrote:> > Yup, the list needs to be updated. Also, I think it's good idea to> > rename the spin (in accordance with our move from Fedora Artwork to> > Fedora Design Team) to Fedora Design Live (or something like that). On> > quick look I haven't spotted any non linear video editor, IIRC pitivi is> > in Fedora repos and thus might be a good candidate. Also for screencasts> > most people probably use istanbul, might be a better choice than byzanz.> > I don't think the spin needs to be named after our team, it just needs> to attract the type of user we are seeking no?> > To save some space, I believe there is a group of folks working on an> audio studio spin, so we could drop those packages and maybe the video> packages too. Just focus on graphic design and maybe we could get a> decent sized spin.
Ah I forgot to add one idea - I'm wondering as lame as it sounds ifthere is a way maybe out-of-the-box, if we can squeeze it into a CDsize, if the studio could have icons on the desktop you could click onto install the rest, e.g., 'Click here to install audio-editing tools!''Click here to install 3D tools!'
~m
_______________________________________________design-team mailing listdesign-team@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/design-team