Re: [Design-team] Fedora 12 Design Schedule

Nicu Buculei said the following on 07/12/2009 11:49 PM Pacific Time: > On 07/12/2009 11:33 PM, John Poelstra wrote: >> Some of the key ideas for the planning and schedule for this release are >> to focus on the importance of the wallpaper and iteratively improve >> it.... making sure it is in the alpha and then releasing updated >> packaged versions in rawhide each week.  In addition to releasing new >> versions Máirín thought it would help get the word out if people blog >> about the updated wallpaper each week.  So after each of the wallpaper >> refreshes there is a also a separate task for blogging. > > So *who* is in charge with blogging? Everyone? Anyone? Who is int he > mood that respective week? >
I understood it to be anyone and everyone.
 >> I had to remove the individual entries for EACH splash screen.  It got >> too unwieldy when we added an extra iteration for the splashes.  Does >> the design team have a place on their wiki where the keep SOPs or lists >> of standard work items for each release?  I'd be glad to put them there >> for you.  I would also suggest that you create tickets for each of these >> splash screens so there are clear work items interested people can work on. >> >> For ease of reference here is the list: >> Fullscreen splash for syslinux >> Fullscreen grub splash >> kdm login screen theme >> Square splash for anaconda and firstboot >> gnome splash screen >> kde splash screen > > OK > >> gnome screensaver lock dialog > > As I said a couple of times in the past release cycle: GNOME does not > use any more an unlock dialog, GDM is used for the job. > >> Anaconda horizontal header >> Firstboot vertical header >  > Create Alpha Website Banner > >> Start Alpha Freeze >> Software String Freeze >> Alpha Release Readiness Meeting >> Alpha Public Availability > > I am quite sure those above aren't splash screens, so we don't need > tickets for them :p > >> Package Splash Screens >> >> Here is the latest version of the design schedule: >> http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-12/f-12-design-tasks.html > > How about the plan of having a pack of four additional wallpapers > (personas stuff)? They follow the schedule of the "wallpaper" or need > separate milestones? (i think the later is what we need) >
How should I change the schedule to reflect what you are suggesting?
 >> I'm here to help.  If there are other tasks or periodic reminders I can >> set up for your team, let me know. > > Yes, i think we can use some reminders which preferably come in scary > words, like "the next week is the deadline for wallpaper concept > submissions, any new proposal coming after the deadline will NOT be > accepted" >
I will try to do this.  I also recommend trying to subscribe to the ics file.