From: "Nicu Buculei" <nicu_fedora@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Fedora Design Team" <design-team@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, 7 July, 2009 12:21:21 GMT +01:00 Amsterdam / Berlin / Bern / Rome / Stockholm / Vienna
Subject: Re: [Design-team] Constatine Brainstorming

On 07/06/2009 04:31 PM, Samuele Storari wrote:

> I've studied a little Constantine the Emperor and I think maybe we can work on the Roman Art Style and not only havin focus on the mosaic, there're the basrelief or the Monumental sketch or the Bas-relief decoreting the Constantine Column
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Column_of_Constantine
>
> let me know if this ideas may work.

Not very well known, but it can be used.

The question is what we would tell with the column? not just throwing it
over a blue background with some swirls and golden birds for a texture...

I think you can come from it with something about mortality/immortality,
order from chaos, unity or even liberation through enlightenment (see
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/design-team/2009-July/000391.html)

Samuele Storari
Art Director
Byte-Code srl