Re: [Design-team] The Theme

Nicu Buculei said the following on 06/22/2009 12:17 AM Pacific Time:> On 06/20/2009 01:27 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:>> On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 10:12:24PM -0400, Máirín Duffy wrote:>>> We could handle the 4 broader-community readymades as a separate>>> project.>> Does this mean that there would be a fallback to some default theme or>> background if we miss the particular deadlines?  In other words, is>> the plan to build a safety net that is something other than the>> dreaded all-nighter(s)?>> Even it this was not the intention behind it (the intention is to cover> the needs/tastes of a larger user base), yes, it can work like this: if> at the last moment we find the "default" wallpaper is not good enough as> a default, we can switch it with one of the 4.>> However, those 4 will probably not fill the bill for the default> (abstract, vector, themed), since we will encourage people to go crazy> for the alternatives.>>>>>         * be stricter about deadlines>>> +1>> I think this ticket review process would really help -- there are no>> surprises for anyone.  And if something falls on the floor for lack of>> attention, then it's fair to simply let it do so.  And having a>> fallback means that there's no catastrophe, and no one's held hostage>> to unreasonable expectations.>> Hope we will get to talk more about it at FUDCon, but here is my latest> idea: run the new wallpaper system as an official feature for F12 (the> feature is not the wallpaper, but the process), this will help us get> better exposure (and maybe more contributors) and also make us more> strict with the deadlines.>
This would mean that all the artwork would need to be done by Feature Freeze on 2009-07-28.
Also note that the what was previously targeted for "being completed by the Beta release" is now the "alpha release" because of https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Milestone_Adjustment_Proposal