Re: Fedora Mascot

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009, Paul W. Frields wrote:

A mascot would be brand diluting at this point, so my inclination is against having one.

Not even a cuddly-wuddly Fedora ferret, with a first name starting with an F? Nicu could draw him in various costumes, little tshirts, or mittens in the winter.

We could sponsor ferrets at pet stores around the world. We could have users submit pictures of their own ferrets running "yum update" and submitting bugs.

According to wikipedia, ferrets are energetic, curious, and have a "repetoire of behaviors both endearing and difficult". Just like most of the Fedora community!

Then there's this:

"When ferrets are excited, they may perform a routine commonly referred to as the weasel war dance, a frenzied series of sideways hops. This is often accompanied by a soft clucking noise, commonly referred to as dooking."

I'm picturing a session at a future FUDCon in which we have people do their own weasel war dance.

In conclusion, who wouldn't want a little critter like this teaching you all about how to set up a virtual machine, or popping his head out from behind PackageKit to tell you to update?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8f/Female_ferret_Emily_cinnamon_color.jpg/160px-Female_ferret_Emily_cinnamon_color.jpg

Faithfully submitted,
Max Spevack
Ex-FPL and Level 50 Troll