Re: Starry background

brian hurren wrote:
I have just made up this mock up of a starry background, just want to know what you all thing. I was thinking of maybe doing a starry background as a strip stretching from dusk till dawn, for the background animation.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Image:Milkyway.png

I think I would like better an image were the stars are not that sharp and which looks more "realistic", maybe something more like http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Centre_of_the_Milky_Way.jpg or even better, see /usr/share/pixmaps/backgrounds/cosmos/cloud.jpg (which is awesome).

Just out of curiosity, how you made this image?