Re: F11 visual concept idea - greek

Martin Sourada wrote:
Either way, my idea is focusing rather on the spiritual part of the
image, I'd draw it how it could look if the temple was new and still
used by old Greeks, perhaps around the columns could be some grapes or
some other plant growing, I can also imagine hot springs (with vapour
flowing up from the springs, creating a mist) and maybe forest or small
bushes nearby, possibly with Mt. Olympus being seen in a distance.
Though I am not sure if we'd be able to do such complex art from scratch
with inkscape; or if we'd be doing photo-realistic one, if we could get
hands on fitting and properly licensed photos... Maybe if I have enough
time I'll try to sketch the idea in inkscape, but do not expect
something that will look good >_<

Awesome, I look forward to it! I'm going to try to put something together tonight too to push this idea further and we can critique each other's sketches/mockups and figure out what parts work.

The Feb 1 (today :) ) deadline isn't for us to have beautiful polished artwork, but to just to know what we'll be working on for the next few weeks.

It seems like we are reaching a consensus on doing a Grecian landscape with a helmet & columns and some natural elements like Olympus, vines, etc., so I think we've pretty much met our goal which is great! :)

~m