Re: Art ideas for Fedora 11 (grub, boot, splashes, window decorations, button styles etc...)

Samuele Storari wrote:
Technically the vote was for the ship but I am sure (and the reaction after the announcement are a reassurance) most people voted for the Spartan.

So I am thinking about the Golden ratio[1], used a loot in the Ancient Greek architecture, notably on the Parthenon and probably a graphic based on the Golden ratio would be fit.

Not sure what would be the best option, but how about a nautilus blueprint? This way we have a link with Greece (golden ratio), water (nautilus) and steampunk (blueprint). And maybe throw in some mathematical formulas for additional geekiness.

[1] - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_ratio

Looking by the name suggestions page[1], we can have a theme based on either the name or the link. The only problem is the theme should be as acceptable to as many people as possible. So, for the Leonidas theme we should stay away from: violence, nudity, blood, glorification of war, nationalistic sentiments etc... I assume this is why on the themeable column the name is marked as no. But the suggestions you state seem to be perfectly acceptable. There is also famous story about Lionidas's wife "Gorgo" and a wax tablet[2].

Máirí­n, could you start a new thread with the rules and ideas as an official process start point? How far can we stray?

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Name_suggestions_for_Fedora_11
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorgo,_Queen_of_Sparta