Re: T-shirt logo design tool

Hey Charlie,

Charlie Brej wrote:
Firstly, I am going to be at a meeting up in Edinburgh on Tuesday and Wednesday so depending on their internet connection I will probably be uncontactable till Wednesday evening (GMT). I have scripted the generation of the logo so if you pick up the latest version [1] there is a script (called "script") which should be pretty self-explanatory as to how to change the words in each leaf. There are some dummy words in it atm[2].

What would be better is, if we decide on the words before the end of today, I can generate it and manually poke the clumsy words into place and mane any other tweaks requested.

I tried generating on my own tonight and had a lot of issues. I don't know if maybe I'm missing some *-devel packages? I get a lot of spew like this when I try to run make:

/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gconvert.h:134: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘gchar’ /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gconvert.h:136: error: expected declaration specifiers before ‘G_END_DECLS’
In file included from /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib.h:43,
                 from wordlogo.c:6:
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gdataset.h:40: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘key_id’ /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gdataset.h:46: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

Screenfuls of it. :(

I've attached my script file with a set of tags. Does it work for you? Do you know why it isn't working for me?

~m
COMMONWORDS="fudcon fedora January 2009 MIT Massachusetts USA Boston"

cp NE.xpm input.xpm
make wordlogo               # Words for the NE leaf
nice ./wordlogo           freedom "Freedom" "Freedom Trail" "Docs Project" "Boston Tea Party" "Paul Revere's Ride" "American Revolution" "State of the Wiki" "Asterisk and Fedora Talk" "File Systems, New and Used" "Build an Ambassador Kit" "Hackfest" "Fedora Event Splash" "Giving Wiki Love" $COMMONWORDS >NE.svg &
sleep 1

cp SW.xpm input.xpm
make wordlogo               # Words for the SW leaf
nice ./wordlogo           features "Big Dig" "Quincy Market" "Boston Common" "Downtown Crossing" "Prudential Tower" "Emerald Necklace" "Back Bay" "Fenway Park" "North End" "Harvard Square" "Charles River" "Beacon Hill" "Comps" "Spins" "State of the Kernel" "Fedora security" $COMMONWORDS >SW.svg &
sleep 1

cp NW.xpm input.xpm
make wordlogo               # Words for the NW leaf
nice ./wordlogo           friends "One Laptop Per Child" "OLPC" "Sugar Labs" "Free Software Foundation" "FUD Pub" "Git for Dummies" "Write Docs with DocBook XML" "Performance Tuning Renegade" "Public Speaking for Shy Bearded Hackers" "Package Grouping" "SELinux Policy" "EPEL improvements" $COMMONWORDS >NW.svg &
sleep 1

cp SE.xpm input.xpm
make wordlogo               # Words for the SE leaf
nice ./wordlogo           first "First Public Library in the US" "America's First Public School" "Fire Truck Invented" "Small Pox Vaccine Invented" "Spring Bed Invented" "Truss-Type Bridge Invented" "Stereoscopic X-Rays Invented" "First College in America" "First Subway in the US" "Fluff Invented" "Configuration Management" "The Once and Future Anaconda" "Booting" $COMMONWORDS >SE.svg &
sleep 1

wait

echo '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>' > final.svg
echo '<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"; width="1600" height="1600">' >> final.svg
grep --no-filename text NW.svg NE.svg SW.svg SE.svg >> final.svg
echo '</svg>' >> final.svg

echo done