Re: Fedora 10 release banner - text to path conversion

Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 12:05:44PM +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
Offtopic: no isn't Inkscape's work to complain, your word processor don't complain for a missing font, your PDF viewer don't complain, your web browser don't complain and so on. The applications try to find a matching font available.

Going OT, but in the future we hope to make it possible for you to get
these kinds of add-ons easily using freedesktop.org standards and
PackageKit.

I saw you touched this feature in an interview about F10 (in The Register I believe), but for this particular case it would need buy-in from the application developers (Inkscape here) who need to be convinced about the need and from our own desktop developers who are tryng to go away from using RPMs for font installation (something where they disagree with the fonts SIG). That's opposed to the multimedia codecs use case, where it wil probably have instant acceptance.