Re: The third draft for F10 Solar CD/DVD sleeves

Paul W. Frields said the following on 10/07/2008 05:01 PM Pacific Time:
On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 13:54 -0400, Jarod Wen wrote:
The planets are updated to the one in the following file. Another version with less colors will come soon.

The link is unchanged: http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/jarodwen/Fedora/10/sleeve_arts/sleeve_arts.html

Other people have already pointed out that removing the nebula will
probably help reduce the number of colors.

The "x86_32" should simply be "x86".

We still need some additional text that describes for the recipient how
to use the media in hand.  I think I suggested some text for this
earlier:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-art-list/2008-October/msg00057.html

Here is an interesting comparison I noticed at OSCON this year after stopping by the SuSE booth
http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/paste-bin/suse-vs-fedora-cover.jpg

I realize there are differing philosophies as to how much or little content should be on the cover and what it should say :)

I think we should consider the "target audience" for these discs when making that decision.... IOW who is most likely to receive the sleeve and what do they need to know?

John