Re: Plymouth animated startup

Nicu Buculei wrote:
Charlie Brej wrote:
Nicu Buculei wrote:
Charlie Brej wrote:
In Fedora 10 there will be a new graphical startup program replacing RHGB[1]. Its called Plymouth and it starts even earlier than rhgb.

I understand you are at least a bit familiar with the way Plymouth works, all of us could use some pointers, can you add a few words/links to the ThemingOverview page?
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/ThemingOverview#Plymouth

Done. Ray Strode and others have left loads of good callback hooks and helper functions so the possibilities of plugins are pretty limitless.

That is a good start, but look at the other entries in the table, they have listed file names, image resolutions, locations and so on, something a designer can easily parse and check.

I understand the design based on plug-ins allow a lot of freedom, but maybe some specs for the default plugin?

Yeah, the problem is that the resolution can be anything from 320x240 to 1600x1200 at any ratio. The default plugins do not take a default image as they just use the fedora logo from /usr/share/pixmaps/fedora-logo.png. No other theme images are used and they can be any size we like. I am just working on a function to change the size of images so we include one and then stretch it to the resolution of the screen. If you want to pick a decent size for the image to use as a basis for the stretched images then that would be good. Also decide on whether we have a 5:4 image which has top and bottom cropped, or a 16:9 with left/right cropped.