Re: Good news about Echo

Martin Sourada wrote:
On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 09:35 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
I'm here... So, I think we need to act quickly to make Echo the default
for the beta, to test the waters before F10. For Gnome, the way to do
that is to change the inheritance of the Fedora icon theme to pull in
Echo instead of Mist.

b) GTK+ stock icons
Not sure about that, I'll probably need to look into gnome-icon-theme to
see which are still missing.
Here is the list of stock items:
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/unstable/gtk-Stock-Items.html

Even though the same team drew both GTK+ stock and gnome-icon-theme, we only ship icon-naming-spec stuff with gnome-icon-theme. So even though some items are the same, there is a bunch of icons in there that are specific to GTK+. These are actually used quite a lot in unexpected places, like the games, 3rd party applications etc. so they are quite important.
- Andreas