Re: R: Re: InvinXble Updates

Nicu Buculei wrote:
Máirín Duffy wrote:

Creative Commons works have to be CC-BY or CC-BY-SA only to be compatible with Fedora. See: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Licensing#Good_Licenses_3

-ND and -NC can't be allowed unfortunately.

According to that page, Fedora is also OK with -ND, even the this is not considered Free by FSF, only -NC is forbidden (but it is a good thing to avoid -ND, something like Samuele's derivation would not permitted by -ND).

Speaking of -ND, the only place where I think it may fit is the Wallpaper Extras gallery, for photos, but even there is makes things more complicated, so it is not forbidden but not recommended either.

Oh! I should have explained that a bit more. So, if someone does artwork from scratch / with all their own materials or appropriately-licensed source images, it legally (I wouldn't like it though) would be okay for it to be licensed ND and be a Fedora wallpaper.

However, ND == no derivatives. Samuele's wallpaper is a derivate of the images he is using. ND is a non-starter for any artwork that is != the source image.

~m