Re: Fedora sign

Hey peeps,

Paul W. Frields wrote:
The Red Hat Summit planning group is going to have an extra sign made up
for Fedora featuring some quotations from the excellent press coverage
we've been getting.  Kara is working on pulling some quotes for this
purpose.

So here's an update to keep you all in the loop:

- We're going to need 4 sign designs for FUDcon:
-- 1 large quote sign, 44x56 inches (quotes below)
-- 3 conference room signs, 22x28 inches:
--- FUDCon Boston 2008 logo + Text: "Hackfest"
--- FUDCon Boston 2008 logo + Text: "Presentations / Hackfest"
--- FUDCon Boston 2008 logo + Text: "Lounge"

The file/format requirements are as follows:
- Full quarter inch bleed
- CMYK color (need scribus!)
- EPS (need scribus!)

My workflow is probably going to be to do NO ALPHA GRADIENT artwork in Inkscape (Scribus doesn't like alpha gradients :-p), and keep the text and fills/gradients for the BG in Scribus. Because our deadline is tight on this I'm starting work NOW; I'll be in #fedora-art and likely will be posting works in progress there so if you're interested in helping out you're welcome to join in. :)

~m