Mist and gnome-icon-theme plans for GNOME 2.24/Fedora 10

Hi all!
I thought I should share some of the plans for Mist and gnome-icon-theme (witch makes up for a big porportion of the icons used on Fedora).

• King Size - Even though 48x48 px canvas currently works well on the desktop for most people, there is a tendency to move towards higher resolution screens. There are also emerging projects such as GnomeDO and Elisa that require larger sized icons. Therefore we recently started experimenting with Large sized (256x256) icons for the most common icons. Lapo Calamandrei and Jakub Steiner will be taking care of the bits in gnome-icon-theme and I'll be fixing the ones in Mist. Help is greatly needed in this area. • Dropping icon-naming-utils - We're looking into dropping the dependency on icon-naming-utils sometime in the foreseeable future. This requires changes to the applications to use icon-naming-spec names, therefore icon-naming-utils is disabled during the unstable release (2.23) of GNOME so we can hunt those issues down. • Moving to one canvas per icon - We want to move all the sizes of a icon into one canvas and have a script split them up during installation of the theme to their respective folders. This will hopefully make the icons easier to maintain. • Emblems - A lot of the emblems are still using the old GNOME style and only comes in one size. Kalle Persson is working on updated emblems. • As usual we will also fix icon bugs in individual applications. Last cycle we did a lot of work on Firefox3, Evolution and Banshee as well as a lot of other applications. We're currently looking into Seahorse, Hugin, Abiword and whatever pops up along the road.

Help is always needed and highly appreciated ,especially with tracking down and fixing ugly application in the menus. You can catch me in #fedora-art most of the time if you have any questions.
- Andreas