Re: [Echo] Reworked media-optical icon

2008/5/5 Martin Sourada <martin.sourada@xxxxxxxxx>:

* Using text for differentiating between various media has its pros and
cons:
 - it helps defining the perspective
 - it is easier to differentiate, because the texts are different as a
whole, not only in the letters
 - on the other side, it is blurry and hard to read in smaller sizes,
but due to the differences still good enough to recognise

Now the question is if we should use a plain typeface or the logo.

* Using colour for differentiating between various media is probably not
the best choice, because it does not help at all to colour blind people
and we should avoid icons that are hard to recognise to visually
impaired people

How about having both text and color? This combination will benefit colour blind people while other can differentiate between DVD and Blueray.

--
Luya Tshimbalanga
Fedora Project Contributor