Getting covers printed

Obviously this is my first time through this process from the inside,
but here are some of the issues that confront us for getting the discs
made, from the Artwork perspective:

I talked to Mairin yesterday and she says that getting the
artwork/sleeves/discs printed has been a very time-consuming process
in the past.  Given our very fast-approaching release, let's get some
consensus on these questions:

* Which art are we going to use for the sleeves?  Do we have any
  possibilities for re-use of any previous design?

* Who is responsible for dealing with the printer?  What are the
  mechanics behind doing this?

* How can we make this process easier in the future?