Re: FUDCon Boston Artwork

Máirín Duffy wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Max Spevack wrote:
On Fri, 4 Apr 2008, Máirín Duffy wrote:

I think the one with the pru in it (design #1) is better. You could consider it final I think. The only concern is that it's derived from a Attribution-Noncommercial 2.0 Generic photo. Is that okay? If not I can probably go out and shoot some photos of the skyline and redo this weekend.

So we're not going to sell the shirts and admission to FUDCon is free, which means that it's not "commercial".

Well the "non-commercial" clause in the CC licenses are problematic for various reasons including the issue of defining what exactly is considered commercial activity. I think using a different picture that allows commercial activity is better.

but it is just a tshirt right? and they're not going to be sold...

I understand that but the license clauses might not and when there is ambiguity, licensee intend matters a lot which we do not know about.

I can ask the photographer?

Ironically that was one of those CC licenses was meant to avoid but go ahead. If we get a explicit permission, that is always safer. Thanks.

Rahul