Re: Wiki Migration

Ian Weller wrote:
On Fri, 14 Mar 2008, Nicu Buculei wrote:
I think such category pages may solve the problem without the need fir integration with an external gallery (integration made with an "alpha" plug-in).
Galleries can be done within pages with the <gallery> tag, as seen at
[1].  It looks like category galleries are automatic with media files;
they just have to be added to galleries on the image's information page
(just hitting 'edit').

It would be even better if those galleries could be generated dynamically (like the category pages) but I think they are good enough: we can use static galleries in some cases and categories when needed.

Note: I am not opposed to having a stand-alone gallery, be it Gallery2 or something else but I think 1) it should offer the features we need (I am not very convinced Gallery2 offer them, but I have studied it briefly) and 2) if we ask too much from the start we may end getting noting, so small steps are good sometime.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedora_%28Linux_distribution%29#Fedora_gallery