Re: Self-Introduction

service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello all, i've been sitting on the list a little lost and not saying much for
a coupla weeks now and its about time i piped up :)

Hi and welcome Ash!

My name is Ash Joseph, i've been meaning to get some bits together for the art
team for a while, but i was having CLA problems and was a bit lost with the

You can ask for help if you have problems with CLA.

process, also i've been trying to throw myself into GIMP and inkscape (still
not quite there with inkscape though :/ ) hopefully i can be of some use more

You don't have to master *all* the applications we use to produce content.

towards release 10, i had a few ideas a couple of months ago for an F8

Well, you can start with smaller tasks, like those open in the DesignService page - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService

alternative wallpaper theme based on infinity, but i never finished one of
them and they were made with photoshop and fireworks and also i couldnt submit
in time, which is a shame (blasphemy, im sorry)the links to them on my
deviantart are at the bottom, anyway i hope to get more involved in future and
i look forward to working with you all :D

http://the-syndrome.deviantart.com/art/Fedora-8-Alt-Wallpaper-77094263
http://the-syndrome.deviantart.com/art/Fedora-8-Alt-Wallpaper-2-77219963

Those designs are interesting, but they couldn't be defaults for F8 anyway because 1. you are using the logo and we want to de-empasize the logo usage and 2. they feature the moon as a central graphics, making them too similar with the artwork in the previous release (F7).