Re: Art Studio Status

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Hi,

A few questions:

 * What is the general status of the spin?

As far as I know, it is still in the *idea* stage. We have two initiatives on this, which should merge somehow: the initial proposal made by Mo in the F8 timeframe which was temporarily put on hold and the idea from Colby Hoke which is mostly interested in video editing (but the software for it isn't there yet).
I hope the two will speak up if my understanding is incorrect.

* What are the base minimum set of packages that we need before we can do a release?
 * Do we have a explicit wishlist of packages sorted by priority?

For both the questions the answer is this (not updated recently) page: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/ArtTeamProjects/FedoraArtStudio/PackageManifest

I am interested in helping out by driving it through the current process for creating spins and maybe help in packaging some applications but the amount of information and links in the wiki is completely overwhelming and I need someone or a team to help me understand the status better.

It seems like the two people involved directly are busy for the moment and a person driving the initiative would be really useful. Otherwise I suspect we will postpone it for a future release.