Re: A Thought About F9 Artwork

Valent Turkovic wrote:
Máirín Duffy wrote:
Hi Valent,

Valent Turkovic wrote:
Máirín Duffy wrote:
Whenever we try anything that is !blue, we get a whole lot of negative
feedback. People like to look at the colors far more symbolically than
they should I think.

~m

I don't like opensuse in particular but they have made a break from blue in latest release - now its green, and it looks great! I would love to see Fedora !blue for at least one release - it would be refreshing.

Everyone has their own personal tastes and opinions on the artwork. Unfortunately, only a very small percentage of those folks actually contribute to the artwork. If you would like to truly influence the artwork though, you will need to take a more active, participatory role on the art team.

It have the ability to bring some really talented people to fedora and they will contribute, but they use proprietary tools (photoshop and the like). Is that forbidden to use non OSS apps in making fedora themes? I heard that before in some post but I wasn't sure so please clarify.

I think Nicu or someone else has already answered this by now, but - We would prefer artwork to be created using the free and open source tools which are in many cases installable on most operating systems besides Fedora. There is no hard rule saying they must, though, although we have faced great criticism from within and from outside of the Fedora community for older Fedora versions featuring artwork that was not created using FOSS tools. My preference would be for the artwork to be created in FOSS tools since the learning curve is not that high and the tools are free and embody all the principles that Fedora is about. There is really no excuse.

That doesn't really have much to do with what we were talking about, though.

~m